Join the "Speak Your Peace" Civility and Etiquette Initiative
Teaching children to resolve conflict through civility and etiquette mastery.
A Civility and Etiquette Awareness Movement
To create a world in which young people in every city, state, country and from all walks of life gain access to civility, etiquette and peaceful conflict resolution tools and instruction while learning to more fully embrace and practice graciousness, generosity, kindness, consideration, thoughtfulness, nurturing, respect, restraint and responsibility - even during the most challenging and emotionally charged social interactions.
What is the "Speak Your Peace" Civility and Etiquette Initiative All About?
Disagreements can lead to healthy debate, which brings new information and ideas to light.
When a particular issue strikes at the fundamental beliefs of a group or individual, the debate can be especially fierce. In these situations, it becomes more important than ever to practice civility.
The purpose of the Girls Rule! Etiquette Imperative's Speak Your Peace Civility Initiative is to urge and to teach children to communicate in a more respectful and effective way through civility and etiquette mastery. This is not an initiative to end disagreements. It is an initiative to teach valuable life skills while improving social discourse and interactions by simply reminding ourselves of the very basic principles of respect.
By elevating their level of civility, social and communication etiquette, children will be better prepared to avoid personal attacks, bullying and can avoid unhealthy social interactions. This Initiative will not only aid those who are uncivil, but those who allow uncivilized behavior to happen.
The Girls Rule! Etiquette Imperative's "Speak Your Peace" Civility and Etiquette Initiative will spread a positive message across the globe that heightens public awareness about the meaning of civility, provide access to etiquette classes, tools and curriculum so that valuable social, communication and conflict resolution life skills may be developed while focusing on the Nine Simple Tools for Practicing Civility:
- Pay Attention. Be aware and attend to the world and the people around you.
- Listen. Focus on others in order to better understand their points of view.
- Be Inclusive. Welcome all groups of citizens working for the greater good of the community.
- Don't Gossip. And don't accept when others choose to do so.
- Show Respect. Honor other people and their opinions, especially in the midst of disagreement.
- Be Agreeable. Look for opportunities to agree; don't contradict just to do so or simply agree to disagree.
- Apologize. Be sincere and repair damaged relationships.
- Give Constructive Criticism. When disagreeing, stick to the issues and don't make a personal attack.
- Take Responsibility. Don't shift responsibility and blame onto others; share disagreements publicly.
Bring the movement to your school, church or community organization!
It just takes 30 seconds!
You are invited to join the Etiquette Imperative's "Speak Your Piece" Civility and Etiquette Initiative and bring etiquette and civility to your school, church, company or organization by:
- Scheduling a Speak Your Peace Program or social, communication, dining or business etiquette session for your school, church or youth organization.
Join the movement!
Additional Questions? Email us or phone us at 312-479-0789.